Mike Gulline—Front End Web Developer
Results-driven front end developer specializing in responsive WordPress CMS development. Analytical problem solver with a strong understanding of SEO principles. Experience leading projects and features, including gathering requirements, brainstorming, creating mockups, producing code, debugging and enhancing user experience. Ability to work autonomously and navigate through ambiguity.
Principle Front End Web Developer
Immunocorp® · Full-Time
Sep 2000 - Present · 23 yrs 3 mos
Long Beach, CA · Remote
- Collaborate with executive leadership to shape technology, branding, new business, products, email and direct mail marketing.
- A restriction in the companies CMS prevented them from offering their unique direct mail offers online. I presented a solution and implemented a CMS swap, data migration, website redesign and reproduce their offers online. The result was a 54% raise in the average order from $132 to $204.
- The company was not collecting user email for marketing purposes. I initiated and grew the their email newsletter list to over 150K subscribers. The newsletter now accounts for 35% of all online revenue.
Senior Front End Web Developer
Loyal to Few® · Contract
Jan 2023 - Apr 2023 · 4 mos
Oceanside, CA · Remote
- Designed and developed a custom e-commerce solution using React 18, Next 13, TailwindCSS, MongoDB, NextAuth, EasyPost, SendGrid and Headless E-commerce.
- Created an admin to unify third-party order and shipping APIs, streamlining the label printing, packing, shipping and return processes.
- Built a NextJS API web hook to provide users with up to date shipping notifications via SendGrid email client.
- Developed an automated CSV product export at build time to easily share store data with third party advertising channels like Google, Instagram and Facebook.
- Implemented automated build and deployment pipelines with Github and Vercel.
Front End Web Developer
Galaxy4Gamers · Contract
Jul 2008 - Apr 2011 · 2 yrs 10 mos
Huntington Beach, CA · Remote
- As the sole developer, I created a social media and tournament gaming platform for the PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo entertainment systems, offering skill based challenges for cash and prizes.
- Users were able to create up to 128 player, single and double elimination tournament brackets with drag and drop advancement, live streaming, group chats, promotions, dispute arbitration and administrative moderation.
- Visionary behind the successful Beat-A-Pro web app where users could line up to play their favorite professional gamers in a live broadcast event.
- Increased user engagement over 10x by developing a custom chat system, enabling one-to-one, one-to-many and group chats.
- Extended Justin.tv's API (Twitch.tv), allowing users to live stream, edit and save gameplay to their user and tournament profile pages.
Front End Web Developer
DiverseSolutions · Contract
Aug 2006 - Feb 2008 · 1 yrs 7 mos
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA · Remote
- Spearheaded the design and development of the company's real estate template website, resulting in an impactful online presence and improved user experience.
- Crafted custom HTML websites tailored specifically for real estate professionals, aligning with their unique branding and business requirements.
- Demonstrated expertise in building reusable template components, optimizing development efficiency and ensuring consistency across multiple projects.
Designer, Full Stack Web Developer
A. L. B. B. Law · Contract
Apr 2004 - Jun 2006 · 2 yrs 3 mos
San Diego, CA · Remote
- Designed and developed the company's minority owned law firm website highlighting each lawyer and their unique skills and achievements.
- Developed a custom CMS solution to effectively manage the company's blog, news, and awards sections, enabling seamless content updates and up-to-date information.
- Created a tailored newsletter solution with a backend manager and email builder, empowering the company to easily create and distribute professional newsletters, enhancing communication with clients and stakeholders.
AsSeenIn · Full-Time
May 1999 - Jul 2000 · 1 yrs 3 mos
Hollywood, CA · Onsite
- Established process standards for product and apparel masking in Photoshop, streamlining workflows and ensuring consistent and high-quality results in image editing.
- Produced engaging website intros and captivating business presentations by leveraging Flash, effectively capturing audience attention and enhancing brand messaging.
- Demonstrated versatility in web design, logo design, and print design for a diverse range of television shows, translating concepts into visually compelling assets that effectively represented each program's unique identity.
Graphic Production Artist
eVox Productions · Full-Time
Jan 1999 - Apr 1999 · 4 mos
Rancho Dominguez, CA · Onsite
- Utilized Photoshop for product and apparel masking to create 3D spins in Flash.
- Exhibited proficiency in advanced photo manipulation and recreation techniques in Photoshop, transform images with precision and creativity.
- Developed custom Photoshop actions and implemented batch processes to automate repetitive tasks, optimizing workflow ensuring consistent and high-quality output.
- Next JS
- Tailwind CSS
- Mongo DB
- Adobe Suite